My Favorite Apps

OK, I admit it!  My iPhone is important to me.  Not as important as my children, wife or Bible, but it does rank up there between Disneyland Tickets and Star Wars.  (Which are both very important!)  So I thought I would share with you all my top ten favorite apps.  For those who care… Here we go…

1.  KJV Bible

I love getting up in the morning and spending time with Jesus in prayer, song and Bible Study.  I find that my attitude is better and my soul at ease when I roll out of bed, get on my knees and spend a few minutes in prayer.  Immediately after I take my iPhone and go to the “Daily Reading” on my KJV Bible App.  It gives me the date and 3 different passages to enjoy: a chapter in the O.T., a chapter in the N.T. and a Psalm.  You can read or listen or read and listen the assigned passages.  On this schedule, while showering, shaving and dressing I can listen to the entire Bible in a year.  Awesome!

2.  USA Today

Great Free App!  I can stay current with everything going on in the world.  From Politics, Sports, Life and Travel it is an american classic automatically updated in your phone everyday.   For me, this is where I get my news fix everyday.

3.  Facebook

USA Today never tells me what is going on with my friends.  Yep, hate to admit it, I am a Facebook guy.  At least once or twice a day I will post or find out what is going on with my pastor and evangelist friends, church members and extended family.  I also am able to share with the world the wonderful things that are going on a Southern Hills, our designated mission.

4.  Twitter

I was late coming to the scene.  But now I am constantly tweeting and retweeting.  It’s getting a bit out-of-hand.  For an attention addict like me there’s nothing like taking a picture of a personal moment and sharing it with EVERYBODY!

5.  Ticket to Ride

Though I could have gone with Tripadvisor (for the traveler in me), Goodreads (for the book worm in me) or AngryBirds (for the ferocious fowl in me), I chose rather to go with my favorite board game turned mobile addiction:  Ticket To Ride.  Great Game!  Love the fact that I can challenge the computer, play against several live strangers, or even challenge my mother on her iPhone (who is also addicted).  It’s a lot of fun.

I guess it’s important to me because on my iPhone I have pics of my children, messages from my wife, and a copy of the Scriptures.  I can purchase Disneyland tickets and watch Star Wars.  It’s pretty great.

What are your favorite Apps?

1. Lita B. says:

Thank you for the personal glimpse & lighthearted post. It’ll be interesting to see if your favorites change over time, but those are some staples. I personally like Instagram because I enjoy seeing photos of friends & loved ones, especially the out-of-towners.

2. Kathy Parks says:

I love Tunein radio. I can listen to great preaching, christian music and genre related subjects from all around the world. My fav music are light contemporary christian from Fort Wayne and Colorado Springs. I like Abba Father and you can choose from broadcasts. My Iphone 5 has a great battery and i close everything else and listen all day at work.

3. Ira says:

I like Face Book, Spotify (Free Legal Access to Most Music!) Netflix (it’s how we watch tv) Hulu (also for tv watching) LinkedIn (business connections) and Mapmyrun (for workout tracking/distance calculating)

4. Beverly Ritz says:

I like Matching with friends because I am never able to beat my husband and friends at the word games….but this I can win once in a while!

5. Nancy Bradley says:

My cel phone rings…..no text no apps….I have access to weather but I use the computer a lot. Like FB….Gary has 25 cousins and I have 20…we have about that many 2nd cousins..so FB and email keep us all connected. The KJV sounds like an app I would like but google gets me there. I have my mother’s KJ which has an excellent concordance.

6. Raquel Wallace says:

Scrabble!!! Love my Scrabble app!!! I can play games with random opponents, and
    keep in touch with my husband as we play while he’s at work. Sure, it takes longer
    to complete a game, but it’s fun.

7. Carmen rogers says:

Instagram ! Currently trying to log our travels and special
    Moments as a family on Instagram with plans to make
    A photo book for the grandparents. For Christmas . Well see

8. Carmen rogers says:

Oops we’ll see

• Carmen rogers says:

The oops we’ll see was not in response to
      Your answer pastor Teis but a follow up to
      My saying well instead of we’ ll. I just need to
      Leave well enough alone:)

9. Tyler L says:

Definitely has to be Instagram.

10. Alan Ladd says:

Pray, read, study, but most of the time I an on questions and answers, trying to help confused mostly young people to realize God is real and there for them.
    the rest I havent got in to that much. In flickr you may see me-{ in the wild America} groups.

11. Alex says:

1. Bible
    2. Kindle
    3. Facebook
    4. Drudge Report
    5. mmajunkie
    6. Ruzzle (awesome word game)
    7. Tv apps (Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, youtube)
    8. imdb (so I can see who is starring in the movies/shows in the previous apps)
    9. Instagram (for my own, selfish picture editing purposes)
    10. iTunes

12. Beverly Ritz says:

This is so cool! I’ve been playing Tckrt toRide on and off all day. ‘Reminds me of Rail RoadBarrons the bookshelf game. That was the annual Christmas game my father played with all the guys. He had 4 daughters. Lucky for him his first grand baby was a boy! That boy is now 38 years old.
    I can’t wait to try some of the other apps too!
    Matching with friends is by the people who do Wird’s with friends. It’s more of a very simple logic game.
    Another good arcade type game is Candy Crunch. Ah it’s good to be retired and have toys to help me remain the semi-sane person that I am! Ha ha ha. Thanks everyone for sharing,

13. Rodel Miranda says:

YouTube for music and “learn how to do it” videos.
    Skype is good for video calls with family and friends around the world.

14. Trevor says:

–For news: Flipboard and JPost (Jerusalem Post)
    –For Music: Pandora, iHeart Radio (all radio stations across the US), and SOS Radio – bet you can find some Bama stations on iHeart radio
    –For Reading: Amazon Kindle
    –Flashlight comes in handy from time to time
    –Gas Buddy finds the cheapest gas by distance from your location
    –Google translate helps me communicate with clients

15. Julie Lauber says:

I like Words with Friends. Must be in the dark, not having heard of Instagram, so I’m going to be checking that out today.

16. baidu censor says:

Other countries censor content and not just rogue regimes such as the Iranian mullocracy. Poor people! http://www.baidu.com

17. I’m pretty sure you need to add Clash of Clans now. 😉

18. annunci donna cerca uomo roma says:

Truly get Vergnügen From on eigene teilen diese posting.Truly on der Suche Ahead Towards go Through far More. Definitely Superior

19. alise9045 says:

Hello. Have you figured out how you can make an internet site cell friendly?
    I’m trying to find a style or wordpress plugin that could possibly resolve this issue. Please share if you have any suggestions.
    Fast query that’s totally off subject.
    My web page appears to be weird when searching.